We’ve been talking about how to incorporate God naturally into your everyday family life. You are your child’s most significant spiritual guide! Don’t miss opportunities to teach about God, without giving a five-minute sermon (that your kids will tune out to, anyway!)
Here are eight additional simple ways to bring Jesus into your child’s daily routine!
1. Pray with your kids before naps, in the car, at meals, and before bedtime.
2. Listen to Bible stories on CD while driving in the car.
3. Use conversation starters at mealtime that direct conversation toward spiritual things. There are numerous resources for conversation starters online.
4. Write the names of people you are praying for on Popsicle sticks and stick them in a jar by their bed. Pull one out before bedtime and pray with your child for that person. Put the Popsicle stick back in the can. The next time that person’s name is drawn, if the prayer has already been answered, thank God with your child.
5. When you need your children to clean up their mess, play a children’s Christian song and make it a game—try to finish cleaning up before the song ends!
6. If you have older children, purchase a God-centered non-fiction book to read together every day.
7. Watch a movie with your child with a spiritual theme; when it’s over, talk about it.
8. Pick a verse a week to memorize as a family.
Infusing God into everyday life involves purposeful parenting. You don’t have to change what you do day to day, but add God conversation, Scripture, and songs into your typical routine. It will make a difference in your child’s posture toward God!
Partnering with you,
p.s. If you haven’t checked it out already, this post goes with the original found in our Online Parenting Class! (click text to go to link)
Free Stock Photo courtesy of picxclicx.com